The mission of the Coryell County Sheriff’s Office is to improve the quality of life through professional services and community partnerships.
It is the vision of the Coryell County Sheriff’s Office to provide quality service to the community and be recognized as the regional leader among law enforcement agencies by utilizing the latest in policing technologies, maintaining professional employees, and demonstrating innovation and operational flexibility.
- Integrity: We are committed to uphold our position of trust by maintaining the highest ethical standards as set forth in the Law Enforcement Code of Ethics.
- Community Safety: We are committed to public safety through community partnerships, preparedness, crime prevention strategies and steadfast enforcement of violations of the law.
- Customer Service: We are committed to prompt, professional, and courteous service, unbiased and effective in our response to community concerns.
- Quality: We are committed to the highest standards of excellence through recruitment, training, teamwork, leadership, innovation and accountability.
- Organization: We value our members and have confidence in their individual initiative and ability to solve problems. We believe open, honest, and sincere communication is critical to a healthy work environment. We take pride and receive satisfaction from doing our very best. We recognize the importance of each team member, and do our utmost to encourage and assist one another to develop as individuals and professionals. We acknowledge teamwork as the key to attaining our goals.
- Families: We rely upon the support of our families and friends as we serve in an ever-changing and challenging world. The values we hold dear at home we also strive to share with the community: caring, honesty, fairness, stability, and friendship
Leadership Direction Statement
The Coryell County Sheriff’s Office intends to create and maintain a positive transparent public image that we all expect. We will build and maintain strong relationships with our local government officials, law enforcement agencies and emergency services. The time has come to re-evaluate the priorities, duties and expenditures of our sheriff’s office and to make the best use of our human and monetary resources provided by our taxpayers. We will insure that we are providing the very best law enforcement protection to the citizens of our county as growth around us continues to change our needs and concerns.